Many women face a problem when their legs are covered with a venous mesh. This phenomenon is the first stage of varicose veins. This disease occurs often and in most cases it is in the female sex. The first sign of pathology may be rapid fatigue of the lower extremities or a slight swelling on them. Due to improper nutrition, large body weight, bad habits, a sedentary lifestyle, varicose veins can begin to develop, which is a consequence of clogged veins and stretching of blood vessels. The valves fail, causing the vessels to swell. In this article we will figure out whether it is possible to get rid of varicose veins on the legs, and in what ways is it better to do it.
How therapy begins
At the first suspicion of varicose veins, it is necessary to contact a highly qualified specialist. This disease develops slowly, and it is easier to eliminate it in the early stages. As a rule, they seek help from a doctor after swollen veins appear on the legs. It is important to timely identify the first signs of varicose veins, namely:
- Soreness in the calf area;
- The transferred mark on the skin from the elastic of socks does not come off for a long time;
- Constant swelling of the lower extremities;
- Feeling of tightness in shoes.
Pay attention to the following list of tips, it helps with varicose veins at the first manifestations of the disease:
- Lead an active lifestyle, adjust your daily routine.
- Make changes in the diet, exclude spicy food, coffee, alcoholic beverages and other foods from it that provoke disturbances in the vessels.
- Wear only comfortable shoes made from natural materials on a flat platform or with heels no higher than 5 cm.
Also, be sure to consult a phlebologist. The doctor will direct you to the necessary tests, conduct an examination (Doppler ultrasound) and make an accurate diagnosis. Based on the indicators of the analysis, the phlebologist will prescribe an individual treatment, which, as a rule, includes the use of special ointments for varicose veins, taking medications, the use of underwear that affects the narrowing of the veins, folk recipes, sclerotherapy (removal of non-functioning veins using an injection of a special solution).
It should be noted that the risk group includes people whose profession forces them to constantly sit or stand in one place. Drivers, hairdressers, surgeons, people who work in offices are prone to developing varicose veins due to venous insufficiency.
You can defeat varicose veins on your legs by changing your usual lifestyle. First, give up heavy physical activity, start playing sports to improve the quality of blood circulation in the legs. Secondly, it is recommended to give up work, which has a detrimental effect on varicose veins. If this is not possible, change your body position often while working, do not cross your legs, do periodic rest with walks. It is important to equip the workplace with comfort for your legs (substitute a low stool under them).
Do exercise to prevent varicose veins. For example, up to 20 times you need to stand on your toes and stretch your hands up, and then stand on your heels and smoothly change position to toe (repeat the action 20 times). Third, before going to bed, put something under your feet so that they are above body level.
Note that flat feet can also cause varicose veins, so wear insoles to prevent this.
At the first symptoms of the disease, special ointments, gels and creams are effective means to eliminate damaged superficial vessels. The affected areas of the legs are smeared with such drugs twice a day. There are various types of medications that can help get rid of varicose veins on the legs:
- Preparations that help prevent venous blood congestion.
- Drugs that have an anti-inflammatory effect. Used for thrombophlebitis and thrombosis.
- Preparations that have anesthetic effect, relieve leg fatigue in pregnant women.
- Hormones are used as a basis for manufacturing. The drug has anti-inflammatory, antihistamine effects.
The use of ointments is combined with the use of medications in the form of tablets, injections, capsules. To get rid of blue veins on the legs will help drugs that improve blood circulation and strengthen the walls of blood vessels (phlebotonics). An example would be a preparation that does not contain preservatives and dyes, breaks down quickly, and does not cause an allergic reaction. In addition, with varicose veins, drugs are prescribed that thin the blood. These drugs prevent blood clots from forming. Pain relievers are also prescribed to help reduce swelling.
Please note that self-medication is hazardous to health, consult a highly qualified specialist before using drugs.
Helps with varicose veins in the early stages of traditional medicine. Check out the following recipes:
- This procedure is performed every day for a month. Rub the garlic and mix it with butter in a ratio of one to two, respectively. Apply the mixture to the affected areas of the legs before bed, wrap with parchment paper and a knitted scarf. In the morning, the product is washed off, and the legs are wrapped in an elastic bandage.
- Rub with Kalanchoe leaves infusion every day. To obtain it, pour the medicinal herb with vodka and wait a week. The procedure is carried out within two months.
- Do morning and evening foot rub. After three meals, drink a glass of apple cider vinegar solution (two tablespoons of vinegar for 200 ml of water) through a straw.
- Dissolve two tablespoons of Epsom salts in a liter of water. Apply a cold compress from it for two minutes, and then change to a warm one. The procedure takes ten minutes.
- Drink 200 ml of St. John's wort, yarrow and arnica root tea three times a day.
These recommendations are effective only at the initial stage of the disease; in severe cases, only a doctor for varicose veins can solve the problem.
Surgical intervention in later stages
Treatment of varicose veins of the lower extremities in severe stages is carried out by surgery. There are many modern methods, consider the most popular methods:
- Varadi miniflebectomy, in which a vein is removed. The procedure takes forty minutes.
- Endovenous coagulation. A painless process characterized by the use of a laser. The duration of the procedure is two hours. The advantage is the low cost and home rehabilitation. Contraindications: with close placement of blood vessels to the skin.
- Sclerotherapy is performed at the second stage of varicose veins. The procedure is due to the introduction of a sclerosant into a vein in liquid or foam form.
- Radiofrequency surgery is similar to laser treatment, but with less adverse effects. Its advantage is the absence of postoperative marks.
The phlebologist will help you to choose the correct method for eliminating varicose veins after passing the necessary examinations.
Wearing compression garments
Compression underwear will help to get rid of beginning varicose veins. It is an adjuvant that is combined with the use of medications. Compression knee-highs, tights, stockings contribute to normal physiological blood pressure in the vessels of the lower extremities.
Medical knitwear for varicose veins is recommended by phlebologists not only for treatment, but also for the prevention of the disease. As a rule, wearing is prescribed for varicose veins, thrombophlebitis, thrombosis and lymphedema.
To get rid of varicose veins at an early stage, you can resort to diet. It is necessary to exclude fatty foods from the diet, since it contains high levels of cholesterol, heavy carbohydrates and fats, from which the vascular walls suffer. Since meat products have many useful substances, they need to be consumed, but baked, steamed or boiled. In addition to lean fish, you can include other seafood in your diet.
Vegetables can be eaten in any quantity every day, except for potatoes, the amount should be reduced due to the high level of starch in the composition, which increases the volume of glucose in the blood. If you need to lose weight, protein can be a substitute for legumes. Fruits are also a must-have food, especially those that contain vitamin C (oranges, apples) and vitamin K (cherries, cherries, dried fruits).
Drink fresh juice mixtures daily to maintain vascular health, namely:
- Chop celery, carrots, spinach in a ratio of 3: 1: 6 in a blender and strain the juice;
- Spinach, carrots, parsley, celery in a ratio of 3: 7: 2: 4;
- Beets, spinach, carrots in a ratio of 3: 3: 10.
Drink at least half a liter of freshly squeezed juice a day.
Preventive measures to get rid of varicose veins
With the observance of preventive measures, you can get rid of varicose veins forever without resorting to serious treatment with medications or surgery. Please note the following guidelines:
- Eliminate tight, oversized clothing and tight shoes from your wardrobe;
- eliminate the habit of crossing your legs while sitting;
- do gymnastic exercises in the morning and evening;
- pay special attention to your weight;
- douse your shins with cool water;
- try to keep your legs higher than your body while lying down;
- do not drink alcohol;
- eat right, spend more than 15 minutes on eating;
- quit smoking;
- monitor the body's water balance (drink at least 2 liters of fluid a day);
- do not expose your body to sunlight for a long time;
- go swimming;
- note the benefits of cycling;
- lead an active lifestyle;
- eliminate unhealthy foods from your diet, increase the amount of fruits and vegetables you eat;
- eliminate constipation in time, as it provokes an increase in pressure in the small pelvis.
Please note that following these tips will prevent the development of varicose veins. If you notice a worsening of the condition, immediately seek help from a phlebologist.